Thank you for purchasing PreSonus™ Studio One™ software, and welcome to the Studio One Reference Manual.
Studio One 4.5 is a groundbreaking music-creation and production application for macOS® and Windows® that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering (in Studio One Professional) easy and fun—the way it should be. From tracking to mixing
This manual is a great place to start learning about Studio One, and it also provides an in-depth reference for experienced and new audio-software users alike.
PreSonus is committed to constant product improvement, and we value your suggestions highly. We believe the best way to achieve our goal of constant improvement is by listening to the real experts: our valued customers. We appreciate the support you have shown us through the purchase of this software.
Studio One Versions
There are two versions of Studio One 4.5: Artist and Professional. Studio One uses a single installer for all versions, and the product key with which you activate Studio One determines the version that you run. The following describes the key differences between the versions.
Studio One Artist
- Unlimited audio and MIDI Tracks, unlimited simultaneous record inputs
- Content browser with musical search and direct access to the PreSonus Shop
- Advanced editing features, including comping, transient detection and editing, pitch correction (Melodyne trial version), and much more
- Full SoundCloud™ integration
- 30 Native effects and 5 virtual instruments
Studio One Professional
- Includes all Artist features and content
- Adds the Project page, an integrated mastering solution
- Adds Arranger Track and Scratch Pads
- Adds AAF and Song Track Import
- Adds fully licensed Melodyne Essential 4 pitch correction
- Adds Extended FX Chains and Multi Instruments
- Adds support for 3rd party sampler formats (EXS, Giga, Kontakt, Bitwig)
- Adds video playback and sync
- Adds Note FX, Groove Delay, Multiband Dynamics, OpenAIR, Pipeline, and IR Maker Native Effects plug-ins
- Adds support for 3rd party VST/AU plug-ins and Rewire
VST is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
ASIO is a trademark and software of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH